INITIATIVES WITH AN IMPACT
We, GLS, endeavour to be a socially responsible corporate entity and hence take initiatives for the greater good of society. We frequently engage in social welfare practices such as Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, Tree plantation drives, Road safety drives, Medical check-up camps, Jal Seva campaigns- for the general public.
“Being energy efficient is being rich”
Our focus areas include, but are not limited to:
- Sustainable packaging solutions (including single-family plastic structures)
- Eco-friendly and Environment-friendly solutions
- Anti-counterfeiting and aesthetically advanced solutions
We, at GLS, take measures to ensure that everything we do contributes towards a sustainable future for all. Our initiatives include:
- Renewable Energy plants: We are setting up Captive Solar Power plants to serve the energy requirements of all our manufacturing units and warehouses, thus promoting renewable energy and taking an important step towards a greener future. We aim to be a net-zero company in the years to come.
- Reuse and recycle: We have taken steps to convert post-industrial plastic waste into synthetic fuel along and other important elements, enabling us to use our waste to its fullest potential.
- Green Buildings: A few of our facilities have been awarded Platinum certification for green building by the Indian Green Building Council. Our new units are Zero Liquid Discharge plants, equipped with state of the art infrastructure – Rain Water Harvesting, Treatment Plants, CNG/ Gas-based equipment. All our units have complied with the latest Fire and Pollution norms.
GLS took the initiative of being an environmental entity, it made a move to use what would otherwise be a waste of energy by setting up a waste to energy pyrolysis plant. This ambition of being sustainable helped GLS convert the post-industrial plastic waste into synthetic fuel along with carbon black and hydrocarbon gas, enabling us to use our waste to its fullest potential while conserving energy.
Rainwater is extremely useful and sustainable, it acts as an efficient source of water, and hence GLS rainwater harvesting facilities aim to support water conservation for a greener tomorrow.